“It was kind of a strange concept to me that this method that used only my mind and body could have such a helping effect.” –Jovona
Mundo Method Hands-on Headache Therapy
Four-day Professional Training
with Jan Mundo
March 26-29*, 9 am-5 pm
New York City • $1200
(*Please note revised dates!)
Do any of your clients or patients suffer from headaches or migraines? Chances are they do. And how about you? Do you get them too? Desperate for pain relief, headache sufferers often get caught in a cycle of taking too much medication too often, which can cause more frequent and intense headaches, but what else can they do? A massage might help relieve a tension headache but make a migraine worse. Practitioners want to help, but tried-and-true methods may not always work, especially with migraines.
The Mundo Method is a subtle touch and focused concentration protocol that works with the actual felt sensations of a headache or migraine. It’s a dynamic process whereby each change determines the next move. It’s literally “bio” “feedback” with no machine required! Tension, migraine, and combination headaches have different characteristics and require different approaches. One technique eases held fascia, another “stills” migraine pulsations, and another releases stuck pain to help the migraine “bloom” in order to work with and move it out.
Migraines affect far more than your head. They affect your entire being with a cascading set of symptoms, such as visual, sound, and smell disturbances, disorientation, nausea, and vomiting. But the words can’t describe how horrible people feel. Most chronic sufferers sense their migraines are like entities unto themselves that can feel stuck or even move around like little gophers!
It’s extremely rewarding to lift away the pain and associated symptoms of someone who has been suffering for days, weeks, months, even years. It’s fascinating to palpate and manipulate a variety of headache sensations and manifestations and feel them dissipate and have that correlate to the client’s relief. Practitioners who suffer from headaches or migraines, or have family or friends who do, have an affinity for working with them because they understand first-hand how debilitating they are and want to help.
Space for this training is limited. You can the pay full amount of $1200 now or a $400 deposit to hold your place; balance of $800 due by 3/19. Check, cash, PayPal accepted. Participants will receive a certificate of completion. CEUs are not offered for this workshop.
The Mundo Method is unique in several ways:
- It works with locating, palpating, identifying, and manipulating specific felt sensations.
- You have to be it to see it. When you’re centered and your touch is soft, your hands are more sensitive, assured, and effective, and the client can relax.
- Because stress, worry, and fear can keep a headache in place, clients are gently coached in using their breathing, awareness, and posture during treatment.
- For the most part, the therapy is delivered with the client seated and practitioner standing.
Participants will learn:
- definitions, descriptions, and characteristics of the major headache types.
- palpation skills to distinguish tension, migraine, and “mixed” headaches.
- how to work on each headache type with subtle touch and directed mental focus.
- how to center and position themselves and the client for maximum effectiveness.
- mind-body relief and prevention techniques (seated/table) for shoulders, neck, head, face.
- how to work on their own headaches or migraines with the Mundo Method.
Attendees will receive:
- written handouts of distinctions, definitions, and techniques.
- treatment evaluation forms.
- assessments and coaching during the course.
- homework practicum.
Who should attend?
Health and wellness professionals, including: bodywork practitioners, massage therapists, mind-body practitioners and instructors, physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurse practitioners, nurses, doctors, physician assistants, and allied caregivers.
With forty-five years as an intuitive headache healer and body-mind practitioner, Jan Mundo, CMSC, CMT offers transformative somatic coaching and bodywork, energy work, and trauma unwinding. Jan Mundo is often called a headache whisperer—or the headache lady. A certified: Master Somatic Coach and Bodyworker, Body-centered Transformation and Conscious Relationship Therapist, and massage therapist, she’s held programs at NY Headache Center, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, UCSF Medical School, UCSF Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente, Hill Physicians Medical Group, Stanford University, UC Berkeley, Hewlett Packard, and Lockheed Martin. A published author completing a book about headaches, Jan is a writer, artist, blogger, mom, and grandma, whose life, as a founding member and 15-year resident of The Farm in Tennessee, is featured in the 2013 documentary, American Commune.
Please share this page with anyone you know who would benefit from this training, classes, or private sessions in-person, via Skype, or FaceTime. Thank you!
[cross-posted at The Headache Coach]